Pacific Bangladesh telecom Limited is the countries first telecommunication service provider. Citycell is the first and only CDMA network operator in Bangladesh. As a servey of august 2013 citycell has 1,388 million subscriber. Citycell is wolly owned by singtel with 45% stake and the rest of 55% owned by Pacific group and Far east telecom.

citycell logocustomer carezoom ec122-3g-modem-1

Citycell lunch their operation in August 1993. Citycell obtained license for operate cellular service, paging and others wireless service in 1989 from Bangladesh telecom Limited. citycell customer serviceHutchison Bangladesh Telecom limited and Bangladesh Telecommunication ltd was make agreement to work together as a joint venture company in 1990. HBTL start their commercial operation in Dhaka 1993. In the next year pacific motor has brought 50% BTL share. In 1996 HBTL was named pacific Bangladesh telecom limited announced the brand name as "Citycell Digital".
In march 28, 2008 citycell has been converted in to a public limited company. In the beginning of 2010 citycell recruit a new COO named Mr. Mehbub Chowdhury was brought in as well as a COO , David Lee. He was previously employed by AKtel, Warid, Banglalink and Grameenphone.

Citycell network band is CDMA 2000 1xRTT. Citycell network CDMA ( Code Division Multiple access is an US based technology that does not let the subscriber choose handsets, whereas European Tegnology GSM( Global Syatem For Mobile Communication) allowed to choose different mobile phone as per client flexibility.
All over the country citycell has 860 BTS whereas others mobile phone companies has more than 3000 base stations. Citycell has 10 MHz spectrum in the 800 MHz CDMA band, whereas others GSM based operators are using spectrum of 900 and 1800 band.
The coverage of citycell network is available throughout Bangladesh including Rangamati, Khagrachori and Banderban. Citycell has 6 customer care and around 600 customer care point around Bangladesh